- Use a timer or reminder on your computer every 20 minutes to signal you should stand up
- Stand up and pace while you are on the phone
- Alternate between a standing and a normal desk
- Stretch your body every hour (just use a few simple stretches that you can do in your office attire)
- Take a walk during lunch time
- If you do have to sit, squeeze your glut muscles (for example 10 times, rest and then again for 2 more rounds of 10 squeezes)
- If you are meeting with just one other person at work, do a walking meeting instead of reserving a meeting room.